Frequently Asked Questions
Can I make more than one project at a workshop?
Because of time constraints and the nature of how our DIY workshops run, we limit each person to one project at a time during a scheduled workshop unless prior approval has been received. We are always adding more dates and workshop projects, please check back with us often to schedule!
Can I bring a friend with me if they are not working on a project?
Unfortunately, because of a limited amount of seating/space and fire code, we are unable to admit any person who has not reserved a spot in our workshop. Only registered guests will be permitted to attend workshops. Any unregistered guest will be asked to leave.
The same policy applies to private parties as well. Only registered guests are permitted to attend.
For children's parties the guardian of the main party guest is the only person permitted to attend without registering for a project. Any other parents and/or guardians or other guests that wish to attend must purchase a workshop seat.
What are the prices for a workshop?
Prices for each workshop are based on the type of workshop being offered. Typically, prices range in price from $35 to $75 depending on the options you choose.
Do I have to pick my project ahead of time?
Yes. Project selection and customization information for your project is required at the time of booking on our on-line registration form. Please be sure to double-check your spelling and information to ensure your project stencil (for wood workshops) and materials will be ready for you at the start of your workshop.
Do you offer refunds?
Do I need to tell you in advance what colors and stain I want to use on a wood project?
No, we have a wide variety of paint colors and stains to choose from. When you arrive we will show you examples of different color palettes to help you decide which paints and stains will look the best in your home.
How long does a workshop last?
The length of each workshop depends on the type of workshop scheduled. The typical workshop lasts 1.5-3 hours..
Do I need to be crafty or artistically talented to take a workshop?
Definitely NOT! Our workshops provide guided instruction in a relaxed environment. Just bring your DIY attitude and a willingness to learn and you will create a project you will be proud of!
Can I bring my own snacks or food?
Yes! Please feel free to bring your own snacks or food to any of our workshops.
Can I bring my own beer or wine?
Unfortunately no, due to city permit restrictions we are unauthorized to permit alcoholic beverages. We do offer soda and water for purchase at the studio and you can bring your own beverage of choice in your tumblers as well.
How do I make sure I am seated with my friends?
If you are coming with a group of friends, please list who you would like to be seated next to in the "comments section" of the online reservation form. We will do our best to accommodate this request but will make no guarantees.
Do you offer team building?
Yes, absolutely! Our studio is perfect for birthdays, date nights, ladies night out, fundraisers and many other groups events including team-building events. Everyone gets to make a personalized masterpiece to take home!
How do I book a private party?
To book a private party, please view our private party portion of our website to locate available dates and times. Upon locating a date and time that works, a refundable deposit** is required to secure your date and time. After your deposit has been paid, our event coordinator will provide you with a project portfolio full of project options to choose from! As the host, you get to choose up to three projects for your guests to choose from. Each guest will register through a provided party link.
When will my private party deposit be refunded?
Your deposit will be refunded once the group minimum registers by the registration deadline and attends the original scheduled party date. The refund can take up to two weeks to reflect in your account. If the group minimum is not met by the deadline or your party is rescheduled for any reason other than studio closure, your deposit is forfeited.
What happens in the event of inclement weather?
Our studios will remain open unless road conditions are hazardous or our studio is without power. In the event that our studios are closed due to inclement weather for either public workshops or private parties you will be given the option to either pick up your wood project and stencil for completion at home or reschedule to attend a select public workshop within 30 days of the original scheduled workshop date. If this happens, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org for a list of applicable "make-up" dates or to schedule pickup of your wood project and stencil.
What should I expect when attending a workshop at Hammer & Stain?
Never been to a wood and paint studio? No worries, you are not alone! Here is what to expect when you arrive:
- Both your wood and your personalized stencil will be placed on a work table at a reserved spot. If you requested to be seated next to a friend, you should find their design in the spot next to you.
- In order to protect your clothing, you will want to put on the apron provided. If you also wish to place your purse/handbag in safe location you may place them under the tables or along the walls.
- Make yourself at home! Take a look around! Our refrigerator is located to the right side of the studio - please help yourself to a water or soda! If you brought your own food or beverage, let me know if you need help with any set-up.
- Once everyone has settled in, we will begin class. A typical class will last for 2-2.5 hours. Larger pieces and furniture projects may last up to 3.5 hours.
- The instructor will guide you through the process, from start to finish. We will also help you with stain and paint color options. If you get lost, written instructions are provided at the center of each table. We will be hands-on throughout the entire workshop, but if at any time you have questions or need help, please let us know! We are there to HELP YOU!!
- As the workshop progresses, know that not everyone will be moving at the same pace. This is normal – don’t compare yourself to anyone else. This is YOUR project and YOUR experience! HAVE FUN, ENJOY YOURSELF, and BE PROUD of your creation! Again, we are there to help. So, if you have questions or need a hand with your project, let us know!
- When you have finished your project, you are free to go! BUT before you go, we’d love to get a picture of you with your project for our gallery!
- Last, but certainly, not least … we are so grateful to you for spending time with us at our workshop, and we hope to see you again very soon!